Alumni Work Week: Join us to give back and have fun!
This is your chance to support the Northern Tier programs. You'll earn a “sweat-equity” polo shirt and enjoy camaraderie with your fellow alumni while giving back. A win-win proposition!
The upcoming “Work Week” is May 25th to June 7th. We can use help for a day or a week, so come as early and stay as late as you can! Bring your skills and enthusiasm; we will provide on-the-job training and tools. As a bonus, you can take part in training week activities as your interest and time permit.
This year there are a few new changes in the requirements to volunteer. To attend you must complete “Youth Protection Training” before arriving. You must also bring an “Annual Health and Medical Record” form. An annual medical exam is required if staying more than 72 hours. See this post for details.
Seminar day sponsored by the alumni association will be during work week. It provides staff additional education in outdoor and guiding skills. Past seminars covered topics including route planning, storm-proofing, plant identification, geology, trail baking, fishing, birding, shore lunch skills, history, ecology, astronomy, and weather. Register if you have any expertise to share during this day.
We hope to hear from you!
- Arrange your Work Week participation in advance by registering online.
- To attend you must complete “Youth Protection Training” before arriving. You must also bring an “BSA Annual Health and Medical Record” form. A physical exam is required if staying more than 72 hours. See this post for details.
- Sign up early to help Northern Tier and your fellow alumni with planning.
- Come as early and stay as late as you can. Arrivals starting Monday, May 28th with departure by June 11th.
- Be a member in good standing. Join online at www.holry.org/joinus.
Please contact us if you have questions.