Alumni Work Week: Join us to give back and have fun!
This is your chance to support the Northern Tier programs. You'll earn a “sweat-equity” polo shirt and enjoy camaraderie with your fellow alumni while giving back. A win-win proposition!
The upcoming “Work Week” is May 27th to June 9th. We can use help for a day or a week, so come as early and stay as late as you can! Bring your skills and enthusiasm; we will provide on-the-job training and tools. As a bonus, you can take part in training week activities as your interest and time permit.
A variety of projects will be available, including indoor locations. We will provide meals and bunkhouse accommodations at no cost to you.
Seminar day sponsored by the alumni association will be on Tuesday, June 4th. It provides staff additional education in outdoor and guiding skills. Past seminars covered topics including route planning, storm-proofing, plant identification, geology, trail baking, fishing, birding, shore lunch skills, history, ecology, astronomy, and weather. Contact us on the website if have any expertise to share during this day.
Consider contacting your fellow alumni to participate with you and make your own reunion part of the fun. You may choose to volunteer a few days and then head out on a trip. The base will be glad to help outfit you if needed (you must make advance arrangements with Northern Tier at email@example.com).
We hope to hear from you!
- Arrange your Work Week participation in advance by registering online.
- To attend you must complete “Youth Protection Training” before arriving. You must also bring an “BSA Annual Health and Medical Record” form. A physical exam is required if staying more than 72 hours. See this post for details.
- Sign up early to help Northern Tier and your fellow alumni with planning.
- Come as early and stay as late as you can. Arrivals starting Monday, May 28th with departure by June 11th.
- Be a member in good standing. Join online at www.holry.org/joinus.
Please contact us if you have questions.
Register to volunteer!