SAA members have the opportunity to volunteer as interpreters (non-paid) for crews arriving at the start of the season in June.
Volunteers should understand Northern Tier policies for staff and participants. Plan on arriving the day before your crew will. This will allow you to complete training. This includes training on current policies, practices, equipment, and facilities.
Volunteer requirements include:
Those interested in volunteering should contact Leslie at 218-365-4811 for more details.
- Registered with the Boy Scouts of America. If not registered, you can register with the BSA through Northern Tier.
- Completed a BSA swim test before arriving.
- Completed Wilderness First Aid and CPR certification.
- Completed online courses: Youth Protection, Safety Afloat, Safe Swim Defense, and Weather Hazards.
- Completed BSA Annual Health and Medical Record (within 12 months) by a healthcare provider.