Registration coming in 2021.
We invite you and your family to the Northern Tier/Sommers Reunion from Friday, August 20th to Sunday, August 22nd!
Reconnect with old friends and fellow alumni. Celebrate our mission of supporting the Northern Tier National High Adventure program.
We’re excited to rendezvous during Northern Tier’s 99th season, as we kickoff the celebrations for the 100th anniversary of the program. Let’s get together to plan and support the next adventure!
Friday will begin with an opening dinner at the Sandy Bridges Program Center followed by an evening of campfires and board games. The following morning on Saturday will start with north-woods activities at Northern Tier. In the afternoon we will head to Ely for a cookout in Whiteside Park and Ely attraction and activities (included). We will gather on Saturday night for our biennial banquet. The banquet will include a dinner, keynote speaker, and auction.
Registering guests and family
Bringing family members? After filling out the primary registration form click the "Add guest" button at the bottom of the page to add additional registrants. (All family members must be registered to attend.)
Your reunion registration includes
- Lodging at Northern Tier on Friday and Saturday night
- Meals Friday dinner to Sunday breakfast
- Reunion t-shirt
- Saturday picnic at Whiteside Park with activities in Ely
- Banquet dinner on Saturday at the Amici's Event Center (catered by Insula Restaurant)
* Reunion t-shirt and banquet may not be available to "walk-ins" (those who do not register in advance).
Frequently asked questions
Can I bring my children?
Absolutely! There will be plenty of activities at Northern Tier and in town for the family. Families are assigned their own cabin.What are the lodging options?
Attendees of the reunion stay in a crew or staff cabin. One family/couple per cabin or 4 individuals of the same gender. There are two steps to enter the cabin. There are electrical lights and an outlet that can handle basic electronics.
For those who want to stay in a hotel or full-service cabin, the Ely Chamber of Commerce lists options available at https://ely.org/lodging/.
Do we need to bring bedding or a towel?
You need to bring your own bedding and towel. For bedding, you need to bring your own linen (sheets, blanket, pillow) for a twin bed or a sleeping bag.
What are the bathroom facilities like?
Shower and bathroom facilities are near the cabins. The shower and bathroom facilities are private suite style. There are several accessible units. Bring a swimsuit if you plan to use the sauna.
I have a mobility impairment. How can I get around?
Those with mobility issues can use their vehicle to get to and from locations. For others, we do not allow it because of the safety hazard of vehicle traffic.
Where will we be eating?
Meals at Northern Tier will be in the “Sandy Bridges Program Center”. The center serves as the hub with a dining hall, conference rooms, and a trading post. The deck has a great view of Moose Lake. There is an elevator to the second floor.
Can I bring my pet?
Pets are not allowed. Service animals are allowed. We recommend making lodging arrangements at a neighboring property. The Ely Chamber of Commerce has a site that lists many lodging options at https://ely.org/lodging/.
- Registration Policy: Primary participant must be a member of the SAA in good standing (learn how to become a member). If you are not a member now, please join before completing your reunion registration. For planning purposes, all participants must be registered. Members should register participating family members and significant others as guests.
- Payment Policy: Payment must be received by July 22, 2021. Unpaid registrations after this date will be cancelled.
- Refund Policy: Registrations cancelled before July 1st, 2021 will receive a full refund. Cancellation requests between July 1st, 2021 and July 21, 2021 will receive an 85% refund. Cancellation requests received on or after July 22, 2021 are not refundable.
- * An important note about walk-ins: Advance registration is strongly encouraged. Walk-in registration will be available during check-in on Friday evening and Saturday morning at the Sandy Bridges Program Center. Walk-ins will not receive a t-shirt and may not be able to attend the banquet on Saturday. Limited space for walk-ins at the banquet will be given on a first-come basis.