Advance registration for the reunion is now closed.
Check-in and Walk-in Registration:
- Friday evening (4:30 - 8:30 pm) and Saturday morning (7 - 8 am) at Northern Tier (Sandy Bridges Program Center - Dining Hall).
- Saturday afternoon (11:30 am - 1 pm) at Whiteside Park (Ely, MN) under the pavilion.
Banquet attendance for walk-in registration:
Limited space for walk-ins at the banquet will be given on a first-come basis. If you may be attending as a walk-in, please contact us as we may still be able to adjust our catering numbers.
You are invited to the Charles L. Sommers Alumni Association's Reunion Rendezvous from Friday, August 26th to Sunday, August 28th. Join us as we reconnect with old friends and celebrate our mission of supporting Northern Tier National High Adventure Bases. We encourage you to register in advance not only to save money but to allow us create the best reunion experience for you.
Click here to register today!
(If you need assistance registering, please contact us.)
Friday will begin with an opening dinner at the Sandy Bridges Program Center followed by campfire. The following morning on Saturday will start with north-woods activities at Northern Tier. In the afternoon we will head to Ely for a cookout in Whiteside Park and activities including visits to the Dorothy Molter Museum, International Wolf Center, and tour of Boathouse Brewpub brewery. We will gather on Saturday night for our biennial banquet at Amici's Event Center. The banquet will include a sit-down dinner catered by the Insula Restaurant, keynote speaker, and auction.
“Banquet Only” registration – Please visit this registration form instead if you are only able to attend the banquet on Saturday, August 27th. The banquet registration does not include other reunion activities.
Your reunion registration includes:
- Lodging at Northern Tier on Friday and Saturday night
- Meals Friday dinner to Sunday breakfast
- Reunion t-shirt *
- Banquet at the Amici's Event Center
- Saturday picnic at Whiteside Park with activities in Ely (Choice of two: International Wolf Center, Dorothy Molter Museum, or Boathouse Brewpub brewery tour)
Registration (Closes August 1, 2016):
- June 20 - August 1: Adults - $109; Youth (6 – 17) - $35; Kids (0 – 5) – Free
- Walk-ins *: Adults - $119; Youth (6 – 17) - $40; Kids (0 – 5) – Free
* Walk-ins: Advance registration is strongly encouraged. Walk-in registration will be available during check-in on Friday evening and Saturday morning at the Sandy Bridges Program Center. Walk-ins will not receive a t-shirt and may not be able to attend the banquet on Saturday. Limited space for walk-ins at the banquet will be given on a first-come basis.
- More “experienced” alumni have the opportunity to “pass the paddle” to the next generation by sponsoring a “fellowship”. Fellowships are used to reduce the cost of registration to the reunion for recent alumni and to allow current Northern Tier staff to attend the banquet on Saturday. This is a great opportunity to encourage the next generation of active alumni.
- Recent alumni applying for a fellowship: Recent alumni interested in applying for a fellowship may learn more to apply.
- Bringing family members? After filling out the primary registration form click the "Add guest" button at the bottom of the page to add additional registrants. (All family members must be registered to attend.)
- Important location change: This year’s banquet will be at Amici's Event Center at 10 W Pattison St, Ely, MN 55731 (not Grand Ely Lodge).
- Register soon! Prices go up starting June 19 and registration closes August 1!
- Registration Policy: Primary participant must be a member of the SAA in good standing. If you are not a member now, please join before completing your reunion registration. For planning purposes, all participants must be registered. Members should register participating family members and significant others as guests.
- Walk-ins: Walk-in registration will be available during check-in on Friday evening and Saturday morning at the Sandy Bridges Program Center. Walk-ins will not receive a t-shirt and may not be able to attend the banquet on Saturday. Limited space for walk-ins at the banquet will be given on a first come basis. Walk-in registration will cost $119 per adult and $40 per child.
- Payment Policy: Payment must be received by July 22, 2016. Unpaid registrations after this date will be cancelled.
- Refund Policy: Registrations cancelled before July 1st, 2016 will receive a full refund. Cancellation requests between July 1st, 2016 and July 21, 2016 will receive an 85% refund. Cancellation requests received on or after July 22, 2016 are not refundable.